10 October, 2006

Oh Happy Day! Oh USAA!

OUT-FREAKIN'-STANDING! *lol* Man, I am so pumped right now. I just got off the phone with USAA, and let me just say...they totally rock! I originally called to tell them that my wife had gotten an active alarm system installed in her car, so could they please lower my insurance premium...and while I was on the phone with them, I mentioned that they had sent me a pre-approved offer for 7.25% financing on an auto loan...fully 1% lower than what I am currently paying. So I asked them, "Can I just get the 7.25% on my current loan?" And do you know what they told me? They said, "Actually, SSgt Webb, we can go ahead and change your rate to 6.99%!" SWEET! This will save me a month and a half in car payments on what would already have been an accelerated repayment plan. My original loan started 1 Sept 05 and was due to run for a full 72 months. With the way I had been aggressively paying it down, it would have lasted ~40 months. Thanks to USAA lowering the interest rate, we're down to 38 months total! Whoo-hoo! That will be just in time for my wife's 26th birthday, and just after my 30th. *sigh*

I'm thinking of that Tim McGraw song, "My next 30 years." Great song.

Oh, and I'd also like to say how cool it was to get my first comment from TiredButHappy! She made my day. :-) Thank you so much for your response to my post.

~L8r!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home