21 November, 2006

First Prosper payments recieved

Well, the experiment is going well so far. 4 loans created, all current. I've even recieved 3 on-time payments. There is a LOT of lag time though in the payments posting to my account. I'm sure once I get this really up and running I won't care quite as much, but right now, I have to continue to gather funds in order to create a self-sustaining Prosper business, and every bit helps.

So, my screening criteria is working well so far. My average interest rate is up to 26.328%, thanks to a winning bid on my 5th loan. If I had more money to loan out, I might diversify more into other credit grades...but right now, it's pretty much just E's and HR's that I am bidding on.

Also, I've started a group! If you click on the title of this post, it will link you to my group page where you can join. I'm still building the page up a bit, but I'm not going to take too much time on it until I get some membership requests.

Also, I found this site today which had some VERY interesting stats on Prosper. Check it out!

~Scott

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A note of support from a fellow Prosper lender. You have a nice blog building up. Wish you all the best with all your Prosper loans. I am very excited about the potential of Prosper to become a valuable debt diversification option for serious investors. I have written a few posts about Prosper on my blog: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~sankum/idle/

Sanjeev

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home