28 November, 2006

Confidence is growing

So, as more time passes and Prosper releases more performance data, I am better able to tweak my screening criteria. I think I've finally got it narrowed down to where I feel confident I can take on a borrower role and make money off of the "spread" between the interest rate that I will get for my loan and the interest rate I will get lending to others.

Still, I don't want to risk too much just yet, or put myself into an untenable position...so I have requested just enough money so that my monthly payment will be approximately equal to what I was putting into Prosper on a monthly basis anyway. This commits me to a 3 year plan on Prosper...but I'm feeling pretty good about my choices so far. With the exception of the RIDICULOUS amount of lag-time that Prosper gives you...it's working out well. All of my borrowers have paid on time and I think that they will continue to do so.

:-)

If you want to bid on my loan you can copy and paste this link into your browser window:
https://www.prosper.com/public/lend/listing.aspx?listingID=67395

Or you can just click on the title of this post.

Have a great day!
~Scott

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your "prospering days"

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home